1.First of all, Check your sky3DS+ frimware version(see here) , and update it to the newest firmware version if possible,
then format your microSD card to FAT32, set the cluster size to 64kb.
2.Download your games from those reliable sources, make sure they are not the modified roms and out of region, copy
them into your microSD card, enjoy your game! You can switch games by pressing the orange button back and forth, or
jump to a certain game by pressing the button quickly for several times.
Note： A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games, open the settings.txt, add the line “CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1”(default 0,
can change it anytime later) and save it, a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID…), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game) later if you know how to get those
info properly, which means you don’t have to wait for the updated gamelist.bin file by our site,
the .CFG file has a higher priority than a gamelist.bin file.
Normally sky3DS+ will come with the newest firmware V100(FIRMWARE_VERSION=100 in the
settings.txt, we will keep it updated on our site if needed.
1.Download the updated firmware.bin from sky3DS.com, and copy it into the root directory of
your microSD card.
2.Insert your microSD card into sky3DS+, connect your PC and sky3DS+ with a USB cable(come
with, which can also work as a USB Adapter once connection built).
3.The LED red light will turn on for 10 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing for
10 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully. Alert:
Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keep flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
4.Delete the firmware.bin file in your microSD card.
Sky3ds team do not update the template file for several month, as most of 3ds games newly released are in AP chekcs. However, there still some non AP checks 3ds games. As there games titles’ header information are not included in template file, you can not write the 3ds games to your microSD card.
So how can we edit the template data by ourselves and play the non Ap 3ds checks games which are not included in sky3ds template? You need to build a new game header information file(( the pre-file for a template)) which is necessary for making your own template file for sky3ds card
1. Download”WinHex.zip” , extract it and open “WinHex tool.exe” in the folder
Select option: “File”->”Open” to load the game rom.
2. You can see the hexadecimal code of this rom. Press key “Alt”+”G”, imput 1150
and click “OK”;
The cursor will go to the line 1150, you will see CTR-P in the end of this line which
means this game can be wrote normally. Otherwise, you rom should be imcomplate
or you can not write this game for sky3ds blue button.
3. Press key “Alt”+”G” again, and imput 4010 and click “OK” to go to line4010;
Press key “Shift”+”Ctrl”+”End”, you will select the code after line 4010;
Press key “Delect” and click “Yes” to delect these code.
If the size of deleted data over than 20MB , will show window notice and just
click “OK” to confirm.
4. Then you will see the last line is 04000;
select “File”->”Save As…” and name the save pre-file as “.3ds” format
How to use SKY3DS flashcard?
Here SKY3DS finally released at several days ago.
The following User Instruction from its official website will show you how to use it:
1. Please download the DiskWriter Tool to your PC, and you will get such a rar file;
2. Extract it into the same directory;
3. Run the “DiskWriterV100.exe” app as an administrator role;
4. Before running DiskWriter app, you have to intall the “.Net FrameWork V4.0+” , otherwise go to step 5;
5. After you installed the Microsoft .NET Framework, reboot your PC and then re-open to run the “DiskWriterV100.exe” app as an administrator role;
6. Insert a Microsd card with an adapter into your PC , and the option will appear “USB2.0 CARD-READER USB Device (\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1)”, select it and then click the button “Go!” ;
7. There will be a warning “The selected drive is not currently formatted for this application”. Just click “Yes” to go on;
8. “DiskWriter V1.00” tool is running normally should like below; Choose “File” ->”Format”;
9. Again, there is a important warning to inform you that ” Formatting the dirve will destory ALL information on it! Are you sure you wish to processed? ” , click “Yes” to confirm, then another warning inform you once again, click “Yes” ,
10. Click “OK” after format complete;
11. Choose “File”->”Write” and choose your favorite 3DS roms and then its will be written into your microSD card in a few minutes;
12. After writing completed , insert the microSD card with Sky3DS into 3DS/2DS console to enjoy it.
Any update will first time be published here.